(following the Barr Trail Mountain Race
Soda Springs Park, Manitou Springs, CO
Called to order at 1:15 (approximately)
1. Attendance - Eric Black, Elliott Henry, Nancy Hobbs, Doug Laufer
2. Minutes from last meeting (October '00) - approved.
3. Finances - Doug - Profit and Loss statement reported.
4. Website - Elliott - will review calendar placement on the site.
5. Newsletter - smaller issues in '01, but still 4x per year. Need input from board for articles, etc.
6. Sponsorship - Mountain Athletics by Timberland - Nancy reported that MA provided $10,000 for the Trail Series plus product (shoes for top age group finishers/shirts for all registered runners).
7. Membership - approximately 300. A great renewal rate. Even split from web/renewal/magazine.
8. Event involvement - Mt. Evans Hill Climb on June 9; Barr Trail Mountain Race on July 15; Mountain Athletics Trail Challenge Series on July 1, July 22, August 19; Danielesque Run on September 29.
9. Old Business
a) Age grading/defining courses - Bob McAndrews idea - Doug will review with Bob and report at our next meeting.
b) Standards for race directors - guidelines or sanctions from AATRA. Much discussion of putting standards together for uniformity in the sport. This will help athletes select events, and provide race directors with a model.
c) Snowshoe Meeting in NY - Updates from Danelle and Adam. Nothing to report.
d) Permit Issues - letter for Maine race, Peter Keeney, race director in Arcadia National Park - the letter was sent to the national park supervisor supporting trail running and benefits.
10. New business
A) Website - Elliott is working on some new ideas for the website. We need to better manage the data for the calendar, and include all of AATRA supported events in a separate box or highlight.
B) Mountain Running Team - approved $500, we will revisit budget at next meeting to provide up to $1000.
11. Next meeting: September 29, Golden, CO following the Danielesque Trail Runs 23K and 46K
Adjourned at 1:55PM.